Celebrate all the flavors of spring with this crunchy, fresh, and vibrant salad. Sous vide sirloin steaks are seared until sizzling hot and perfectly browned and served alongside crisp broccoli spears, crunchy radish, verdant mint, nutty almonds, and fresh salad greens. A simple vinaigrette of olive oil and lemon juice ties it all together.
Spring Steak Salad
- 2 (5 oz) steaks, vacuum sealed
- 6 oz asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup mint leaves, torn
1) Place steaks in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Place asparagus in a second Suvie pan and insert into the top left zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 130°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 8 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
2) After the cook, remove steak from packaging and pat dry thoroughly. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet until just smoking. Add steaks and sear 1-2 minutes per side until browned. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into thin slices.
3) Whisk lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil together in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide mixed greens between plates and drizzle with dressing. Top greens with sliced steak, asparagus, radish, almonds, and mint leaves. Drizzle with additional dressing and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 430, Total Fat 29g, Total Carbohydrates 8g, Total Sodium 380mg, Total Protein 35g