Celebrate all the flavors of spring with this crunchy, fresh, and vibrant salad. Sous vide sirloin steaks are seared until sizzling hot and perfectly browned and served alongside crisp broccoli spears, crunchy radish, verdant mint, nutty almonds, and fresh salad greens. A simple vinaigrette of olive oil and lemon juice ties it all together.
Spring Steak Salad
- 2 (5 oz) steaks, vacuum sealed
- 6 oz asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup mint leaves, torn
1) Place 2 (5 oz) steaks in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the bottom zone of Suvie. Place asparagus in a second Suvie pan and place in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 130°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 130°F for 1 hour
2) After the cook, remove steak from packaging and pat dry thoroughly. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large skillet until just smoking. Add steaks and sear 1-2 minutes per side until browned. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into thin slices.
3) Add asparagus to the pan and and sear for 2-3 minutes or until slightly charred. Season with a large pinch of salt, remove from skillet, and set aside.
4) Whisk 1 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil together in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide 4 cups mixed greens between plates and drizzle with dressing. Top greens with sliced steak, asparagus, 1 sliced radish, 1/4 cup almonds, and 1/4 cup mint leaves. Drizzle with additional dressing and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 430, Total Fat 29g, Total Carbohydrates 8g, Total Sodium 380mg, Total Protein 35g