These sandwiches are a nod to the classic Sunday dinner pairing of roast beef with horseradish sauce. In this reimagined version we stuff soft and fluffy potato rolls with medium-rare slices of steak, thinly sliced red onion, and flavorful horseradish sauce. We love the bracing sharpness of raw onion, but if that’s not your style you can substitute with caramelized onion for a touch of sweetness.
Steak Sandwiches with Horseradish Sauce
- 5 oz sirloin steak, vacuum sealed
- 2 sandwich rolls, preferably potato rolls (warmed)
- 2 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- ½ tsp lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1) Place sirloin steak in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 125°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 125°F for 1 hour
2) During the cook, whisk horseradish, sour cream, lemon juice, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper together in a small bowl. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
3) After the cook, remove steaks from packaging and pat dry thoroughly. Heat vegetable oil in a cast iron or heavy bottomed skillet until just smoking. Add steaks and sear 1-2 minutes on each side until well browned. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into thin slices.
4) Fill rolls with sliced steak, red onion, and reserved horseradish sauce. Serve warm.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top right zone of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Protein to 125°F for 1 hour.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 350, Total Fat 12g, Total Carbohydrates 24g, Total Sodium 510mg, Total Protein 35g