Upgrade traditional run of the mill pork chops with only three simple ingredients. Together, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, and brown sugar make the perfect sweet and sour glaze for meaty pork. In this recipe we sous vide the pork chops until evenly cooked before searing in a hot skillet until golden brown. We then add the orange juice, vinegar, and sugar to the warm skillet and cook until syrupy and thick. We spoon the glaze over the pork just before serving for a delicious, quick, and easy meal.
Sweet and Sour Pork Chops
- 2 (7 oz) pork chops, vacuum sealed
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
1) Place pork chops in a Suvie pan, and cover with water. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 135°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 135°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes
2) While the pork cooks, stir orange juice, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar together in a small bowl until sugar dissolves.
3) After the cook, remove pork chops from packaging and pat dry thoroughly. Heat vegetable oil in a medium skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add the pork chops and sear for 1-2 minutes or until well browned. Transfer to a cutting board.
4) Reduce heat to low and add orange juice mixture, whisking the bottom of the pan. Simmer for about 3 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and add the pork chops, turning to coat. Divide pork between plates and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top right zone of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Protein to 135°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 340, Total Fat 12g, Total Carbohydrates 16g, Total Sodium 640mg, Total Protein 41g