This easy side dish plays up the natural sweetness of the carrots with a touch of honey and adds a pop of heat with cayenne pepper. We like the richness that butter brings to this dish, but you can substitute olive oil if you prefer. Serve these carrots alongside any of your favorite entrees for a fun twist on a classic side dish.
Sweet and Spicy Roast Carrots
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 12 oz carrots, scrubbed and cut on the bias into 2-inch pieces
1) In a small bowl, stir together 1 tbsp melted butter, 1 tbsp honey, ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, and ¼ tsp salt.
2) Arrange carrots in a Suvie pan. Pour honey mixture over the carrots, stirring to coat. Insert pan into the bottom zone of your Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 20 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 200°F for 0 minutes
3) After the cook, remove pan from Suvie. Season carrots to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a platter and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 80, Total Fat 3g, Total Carbohydrates 12g, Total Sodium 350mg, Total Protein 1g.