This bowl can be the jumping off point for so many recipes. It’s incredibly customizable. We like this recipe in bowl form, as everyone can add in as much of each ingredient as they want and pick their own toppings, but you could easily serve these as tacos or wrapped up in burritos as well. For a spicier meal, look for spicy taco seasoning at the store or add a pinch of cayenne pepper to milder taco seasoning.
Note: If you would like, add 1-2 tsps homemade Taco Seasoning to add even more flavor to this delicious meal.
Sweet Potato Burrito Bowl
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 lime, juiced and divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning, divided
- 1 bell pepper, cored, and diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (14.5 oz) canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small bunch of cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup red onion, sliced
- ½ cup shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
1) Combine the sweet potatoes, ½ the lime juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, and 1 tbsp taco seasoning in a Suvie pan. In another Suvie pan, combine bell pepper, corn, black beans, and 1 tbsp taco seasoning. Load both pans into Suvie.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook on High, 2 hours
2) Add 1 cup rice to the Suvie rice pot (black handles). Cover pot with lid and place pot in the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Enter cook settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Long Grain, 1 Cup
3) After the cook, remove all pans from your Suvie. Mix 2 tbsp butter, chopped cilantro, and remaining lime juice into the rice. Divide rice between bowls. Add sweet potatoes and black bean mixture on top. Top each serving with the diced tomatoes, red onion, shredded cheese, lettuce, and sour cream.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 585, Total Fat 19.4g, Total Carbohydrates 89.4g, Total Sodium 1968.7mg, Total Protein 20.4g