This sweet, sour, and savory Thai coconut curry comes together with only a handful of ingredients, and is the perfect accompaniment to fluffy jasmine rice and rich, wild salmon filets. Garnish your curry with thinly sliced Thai chiles for heat and fresh cilantro leaves for herbaceousness. Finish it off with a generous squeeze of lime juice to tie it all together.
Thai Curry with Salmon and Lime Rice
- 2 (4 oz) salmon filets, vacuum sealed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Thai curry paste
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 lime
- 1 Thai chile, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
1) Place vacuum sealed salmon in a Suvie pan, cover completely with water, and insert into the bottom zone of Suvie.
2) Stir together coconut milk, soy sauce, brown sugar, and curry paste in a separate Suvie pan until sugar dissolves. Place pan in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 120°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 120°F for 1 hour
3) Place 1 cup rice in the Suvie starch pot (black handles) and cover pot with lid. Place pot inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Long Grain, 1 cup
4) Once the salmon, Thai curry, and sauce have cooked, remove all pans from Suvie. Zest lime over the rice and fluff with a fork to incorporate. Juice 1 lime half into the coconut milk mixture and adjust seasoning to taste.
5) Divide rice, coconut milk mixture, and salmon between bowls. Garnish plates with Thai chiles and cilantro leaves before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 880, Total Fat 47g, Total Carbohydrates 94g, Total Sodium 790mg, Total Protein 37g