Served here with a garlicky butter sauce, trout is worth adding to your repertoire of ultra-easy fish dishes. White-fleshed varieties are a sustainable alternative to overfished standbys like Atlantic cod, while pink Rainbow Trout can sub in for salmon. Trout fillets are often served with the skin on, crackling from a sear in a ripping hot pan; here Suvie’s broiler will do the job, but if you prefer to remove the skin entirely, it will be easy to peel away after the sous vide. This recipe makes enough lemon garlic butter to drizzle over the green beans.
Trout in Lemon Garlic Butter
- 4 (4 oz) rainbow trout fillets
- ¼ cup (4 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
1) Pat trout fillets dry and vacuum seal with 2 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp lemon juice, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper. Place vacuum-sealed fish in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the bottom zone of your Suvie. Place green beans in a Suvie pan and insert into the top zone of your Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 130°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 130°F for 30 minutes
2) After cooking, remove pans from Suvie. Drizzle green beans with 1 tsp olive oil and return to Suvie. Broil for 12 minutes, or until softened. Meanwhile, remove trout from vacuum bags and pat dry. Divide trout fillets skin-side up between 2 dry Suvie pans. Divide remaining 2 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and minced garlic between both pans, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Once green beans have broiled, return trout to Suvie and broil for 10 minutes, or until butter is melted and garlic is fragrant.
3) Divide trout and green beans between plates. Spoon butter sauce over each plate, garnish with parsley, and serve immediately.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 495, Total Fat 34g, Total Carbohydrates 13g, Total Sodium 850mg, Total Protein 36g