This rice bowl is delicious because it has a variety of temperatures, textures, and flavors to keep things interesting. Fluffy sushi rice, flaky white fish, and steamed edamame are all cooked in the Suvie and then combined with vibrant pickled ginger, creamy avocado, crunchy cucumber, and flavorful furikake. There are many types of furikake, but most consist of dried seaweed, sesame seeds, salt, sugar, and dried fish. Furikake packs a punch; it’s perfect for adding lots of flavor with minimal effort.
White Fish Rice Bowl
- 2 (6 oz) white fish filets, such as cod or halibut, vacuum sealed
- ¾ cup sushi rice
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp pickled ginger
- 1 tbsp furikake
1) Place fish in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Place rice in a starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Place edamame in a second Suvie pan and insert into the top left zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 130°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 10 minutes
Starch: 15 minutes
2) After the cook, remove fish from packaging and pat dry. Divide rice between bowls and top with salmon, edamame, cucumber, avocado, and pickled ginger. Garnish with furikake and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 570, Total Fat 18g, Total Carbohydrates 96g, Total Sodium 530mg, Total Protein 36g