When you’ve got a bumper crop of zucchini, this is a great way to pack extra vegetables into your day. This zucchini bread is less sweet than most varieties, making it the perfect afternoon snack or breakfast treat. We wanted a touch of spice without overpowering the delicate bread, so we only used a small amount of cinnamon and coriander. You can increase both spices to 1 tsp if you’d like.
- 1 lb zucchini
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice and ½ tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
1) Shred 1 lb zucchini on the large holes of a box grater. Transfer zucchini to a clean, dry kitchen towel or cheese cloth. Gather ends of the towel together and squeeze over the sink to extract as much water as possible.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together 1 ½ cups flour, ½ tsp baking soda, ½ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp ground coriander, and ¼ tsp salt.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk together ¾ cup granulated sugar, 2 tbsp sour cream, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp lemon juice, ½ tsp lemon zest, and 3 tbsp vegetable oil until smooth.
4) Add the sugar mixture to the flour mixture and stir gently to incorporate. Add dried zucchini and gently stir to incorporate.
5) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray and line with parchment so that the long edge extends over the pan. Mist pan again lightly with cooking spray. Pour batter into the pan, cover pan with foil, transfer pan to bottom zone of Suvie, input settings, and cook now. Remove foil when there are 15 minutes left on the cook
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 400°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: None
6) Remove pan from Suvie and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove zucchini bread from pan using parchment sling. Remove parchment and allow to cool on a wire rack until room temperature. Slice into pieces and then serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 230, Total Fat 7g, Total Carbohydrates 39g, Total Sodium 60mg, Total Protein 5g.