Whether you’re in the mood for a dark red cabernet sauvignon or some bright and bubbly prosecco, these tart yet decadent lamb chops make for the perfect Summer evening companion. We’ve sous vide sweet apricot preserves with tart rhubarb for a simple and satisfying glaze over beautifully marbled lamb chops. To round out the meal, pair these lamb chops with our Easy Steamed Asparagus or our Starch Cooker Perfect Potatoes.
Apricot & Rhubarb Glazed Lamb Chops
- 1 lb lamb chops
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- ½ cup rhubarb, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
1) Pat lamb chops dry and season generously with 2 tsp kosher salt and 1 tsp black pepper. Vacuum seal with 2 tbsp butter, 1 clove garlic, and 2 sprigs rosemary. Place vacuum-sealed lamb in a Suvie pan, and cover with water. Place pan into bottom zone of your Suvie.
2) Add ½ cup apricot preserves and ½ cup rhubarb to a bag and vacuum seal. Place vacuum-sealed glaze mix in a Suvie pan, and cover with water. Place pan into top zone of your Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 135°F for 1 hour 30 minutes
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 135°F for 1 hour 30 minutes
3) Once the lamb and glaze have finished cooking, remove vacuum bags for your Suvie and pat dry. Add apricot mix and 1 tbsp lemon juice to a food processor and mix until almost smooth, about 30 seconds.
4) Heat a cast iron pan over high heat for 5 minutes. Remove lamb chops from vacuum bag and place lamb chops fat cap side down in the pan and sear to render the fat, about 30 to 60 seconds (if your chops do not have a large fat cap add 1 tsp vegetable oil to the pan). Turn chops to sear one side until browned, about 60 seconds. Flip and cook the other side for 60 seconds.
5) To serve, divide lamb between plates and garnish with additional sauce as desired.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 741, Total Fat 41.5g, Total Carbohydrates 47.3g, Total Sodium 2042.1mg, Total Protein 44.7g