This breakfast strata has everything you need to start your day off on the right foot. Crisp and smoky bacon, tender eggs, melty cheese, sweet brioche, and fragrant scallion all come together in this delicious breakfast strata. Best of all? This recipe can be scheduled in advance. Prepare this meal in the evening and wake up to a fully cooked breakfast in the morning.
Bacon Scallion Breakfast Strata
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 4 oz shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups (7 oz) day old brioche or challah, cut into 1-inch cubes
1) Place 4 slices chopped bacon in a Suvie pan. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie and broil for 15-20 minutes, until rendered and crisp, stirring occasionally.
2) Meanwhile, whisk together 4 large eggs, 1 ½ cups milk, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper until smooth.
3) Remove pan from Suvie and pour off bacon fat. Transfer bacon, 4 oz cheese, 4 sliced scallions, and 4 cups brioche to the bowl with the eggs, stirring to combine. Return mixture to empty pan and place in bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook on Low for 1 hour
4) After sous viding, broil strata for 8-10 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking until golden brown on top. Cut into slices and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 280, Total Fat 17g, Total Carbohydrates 15g, Total Sodium 610mg, Total Protein 15g.
Would love to print but that button isn’t doing anything.
Hi Janelle, apologies, but this function isn’t working optimally at the moment. We are hoping to improve the print function for all recipes soon.