Oven baked pasta, or Pasta al Forno, comes in all shapes and flavors with one such variation being baked ziti. We’ve cooked up this classic with alternating layers of marinara and cheese, ensuring tangy tomato and melty mozzarella in every bite. Looking to save yourself some time in the future? Double this recipe for quick and delicious leftovers that can be stored in the freezer for a no-fuss dinner down the road.
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup roughly chopped basil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 10 oz ziti
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
1) In a medium bowl, stir ricotta, parmesan, egg, and basil together with a spatula until well combined.
2) Spread 1 cup marinara sauce over the bottom of a Suvie pan.
3) Layer half the ziti on top of the marinara sauce and dot pasta with half of the ricotta mixture.
4) Spread ricotta evenly over pasta and cover with half the mozzarella.
Repeat layering process one more time to fill Suvie pan. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 2 hours
5) After the cook, broil 5-7 minutes until browned and bubbling.
Remove pan from Suvie, divide baked ziti between plates, and top with additional basil.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 2 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 303, Total Fat 15.1g, Total Carbohydrates 23.3g, Total Sodium 379.6mg, Total Protein 17.3g