We took everything we love about a breakfast burrito and transformed it into an easy and delicious meal that can be made at home in less than 30 minutes. Frozen shredded hash browns are a convenient ingredient, saving you time from peeling and shredding potatoes. When cooking the potatoes in step three, the less you stir the crisper the potatoes will be. If desired, substitute 1 cup jasmine rice for the hash browns. Cook in the Suvie Starch cooker with the chili powder and salt. Note: this recipe can be doubled to make eight servings.
Breakfast Burrito Bowl
- 8 large eggs
- 6 oz monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 2 cups optional toppings such as cubed avocado, corn kernels, sour cream, cilantro, crushed tortilla chips, or scallions
1) In a large bowl, whisk together 8 large eggs and ½ tsp salt until smooth. Stir in 6 oz monterey jack cheese and pour into a greased Suvie pan. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie.
2) In a second Suvie pan, stir together 1 can black beans, 1 cup salsa, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper. Place pan in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 20 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 20 minutes
3) While the eggs and beans cook, heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp chili powder. Stir to coat in oil, then cook until golden brown, about 8 minutes, stirring only occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
4) Once the cook has finished, remove pans from Suvie. Divide potatoes between four plates and spoon beans over the potatoes. Stir eggs to break up and then spoon over each serving. Finish each plate with additional toppings as desired.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 590, Total Fat 25g, Total Carbohydrates 59g, Total Sodium 1640mg, Total Protein 34g.