Brunswick Stew is a southern dish that has a massive and varied ingredient list. At its most basic it is a tomato-based stew with vegetables, onions, and whatever meats are available. This variability means you’ll find old recipes that call for squirrel or opossum in addition to chicken and pork. In our recipe we use a little leftover pork from a pulled pork recipe, but you could also use cooked chicken or beef. Feel free to add hot sauce to kick up the heat.
- 1 cup pulled pork
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 (28 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
1) In a large bowl, stir together cup pulled pork, 1 cup frozen corn, 1 cup frozen lima beans, 1 (28 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes, ¼ cup BBQ sauce, 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder and divide evenly between two Suvie pans. Add 1 cup water to each pan and season with salt and pepper.
2) Insert pans into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 2 hours
3) After the cook, adjust seasoning to taste and divide between bowls. Serve with saltines or bread.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 280, Total Fat 8g, Total Carbohydrates 36g, Total Sodium 780mg, Total Protein 16g