Leave the meat at the store, and dig into this veggie and budget friendly harvest bowl. Slow cooked thyme-spiced squash and beans give this dish a hearty foundation, while baby bella mushrooms lend a delicious and nutritious earthiness. Make the prep work easier, and pick up pre cut butternut squash and sliced mushrooms at your local grocery store.
Butternut Squash Harvest Bowls
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cut in quarters
- 1 (15½ oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 6 oz whole wheat orzo
- 2 oz parmesan cheese, grated
1) Divide butternut squash, beans, mushrooms, broth, and thyme between two Suvie pans, season with salt and pepper, and load into upper cooking zones of Suvie.
2) Add orzo to starch pan and load into bottom right cooking zone.
3) Fill reservoir, enter cook settings and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
High, 2 hours
Starch: 8 minutes
4) After the cook, remove butternut squash, bean mix, and orzo from Suvie. Remove thyme sprigs and squash. Lightly mash bean mix to break up beans, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5) To serve, divide squash and orzo between four bowls. Top with bean mix. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves and parmesan cheese.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 698, Total Fat 6g, Total Carbohydrates 149g, Total Sodium 199mg, Total Protein 24g