This dish was created by Chef Massimo Bottura, the mastermind behind Osteria Francescana, a 3-Michelin star restaurant that consistently ranks among the world’s best. An adaptation of the famous Roman dish Cacio e Pepe, Parmigiano Reggiano takes the place of Pecorino Romano cheese and Arborio rice stands in for the spaghetti pasta. Simple, rich, and creamy this is Italian comfort food at its finest.
Cacio e Pepe Risotto
- ½ yellow onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 parmesan rind
- 3 cups chicken stock, divided
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
1) Combine the diced onion, garlic, and butter in a Suvie pan.
Season generously with salt and broil for 10 minutes until the onion is softened.
2) Add the arborio rice and stir to combine.
Nestle the parmesan rind into the rice and cover with 1.5 cups of chicken stock.
Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 1 hour
3) After the cook remove the pan from Suvie. Warm the remaining 1.5 cups chicken stock in the microwave or in a small saucepan on the stove. Remove the parmesan rind, then stir in the warm chicken stock. Add the grated parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper and stir until creamy.
4) Divide between plates, garnish with more grated parmesan and freshly ground black pepper.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 1 hour.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 402, Total Fat 28g, Total Carbohydrates 40g, Total Sodium 944mg, Total Protein 18g