This creamy cauliflower gratin is exceedingly delicious and couldn’t be easier to make. The most onerous part of this recipe is cutting the cauliflower florets into pieces small enough to fit in the Suvie pan, but we think that’s a small price to pay for this ooey gooey gratin. The long cooking time breaks down all the vegetables, so there is no need to saute or broil before slow cooking. Simply load everything into a pan and let Suvie handle the rest. To finish, the gratin is topped with extra cheese and panko breadcrumbs before broiling to a golden brown finish – you’d be forgiven for confusing this dish with mac and cheese!
- 1 lb cauliflower florets, about 1″ in size
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 ½ cups shredded fontina, separated
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp olive oil
1) Combine cauliflower, heavy creamy, unsalted butter, garlic powder, shallot, 1 cup shredded fontina, 1 tsp salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper in a Suvie pan. Insert pan into the top of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
High, 4 hours
Starch: 0 minutes
2) While the cauliflower cooks, stir panko and olive oil together in a small bowl; set aside.
3) After the cook, stir cauliflower to reincorporate. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup cheese over the top of the gratin followed by the panko mixture.
Return pan to your Suvie and broil for 3-6 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking until golden brown.
4) Let the gratin cool 5 minutes before cutting into slices and serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 390, Total Fat 31g, Total Carbohydrates 16g, Total Sodium 970mg, Total Protein 15g