We took our ever popular Pull Apart Biscuit recipe and pumped it up with sharp cheddar cheese and spicy jalanpeño slices. These biscuits make a great side dish for any cookout or summer barbecue. Or transform them into breakfast by slicing each biscuit in half and filling with scrambled eggs for a flavorful start to the day.
Cheddar Jalapeño Biscuits
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch cubes, chilled
- 1¼ cups buttermilk, chilled
- ½ cup pickled jalapeño slices
1) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together 2½ cups all purpose flour, 1¼ tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp baking soda, 1¼ tsp salt, and ½ tsp sugar. Add 6 tbsp butter and toss to coat in flour. Smash butter pieces flat with your fingers work into the flour until pea-sized. Add 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, tossing to coat.
2) Add 1¼ cups chilled buttermilk and ½ cup pickled jalapeños to mixture and stir to combine. Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Press biscuit dough into the pan with a rubber spatula.
3) Insert pan into the bottom zone of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now, rotating pan halfway through cooking.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake for 375°F for 40 minutes
Top Zone: None
4) For soft biscuits from top to bottom, remove pan from your Suvie and let cool for 5 minutes; for fluffy biscuits with a crunchy top, broil biscuits for 5 minutes, or until browned and crisp before cooling in pan for 5 minutes.
5) Cut biscuits into 8 pieces. Remove biscuits with a thin, metal spatula and transfer to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes more.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 282, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 32g, Total Sodium 367 mg, Total Protein 5g.