These cheesy egg bites pack a ton of flavor in a small amount of space thanks to sour cream, shredded colby jack cheese, and tender fluffy eggs. Suvie’s egg tray makes these bites a snap to make and the perfect size when you’re on the run. The variations on this recipe are endless: customize your bites by adding 1 tsp cooked, crumbled bacon, roasted red pepper, or minced fresh herbs into the bottom of each egg cup before adding the liquid mixture.
Cheesy Egg Bites
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk, any percentage
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 oz shredded colby jack cheese
1) In a large bowl, whisk together the baking powder, flour, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp ground black pepper, eggs, milk, and sour cream until smooth. Stir in the shredded cheese.
2) Spray Suvie egg tray lightly with cooking spray and pour in the egg mixture. Insert egg tray into a Suvie pan, and fill with water. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 175°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 175°F for 1 hour
3) Remove tray from Suvie, let cool 5 minutes before inverting egg tray and removing egg bites. Serve with hot sauce or red pepper flakes.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top right zone of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Protein to 175°F for 1 hour.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 170, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 2g, Total Sodium 460mg, Total Protein 11g