Chicken fajitas are a go-to weeknight meal that can be put together in a hurry, but are still nourishing and taste great. Seasoning with a simple spice blend and a splash of fresh lime perks up the chicken, and broiling the pepper and onions gives the vegetables their signature char. One of the best parts of eating fajitas is enjoying all the toppings. We like to serve our fajitas with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and fresh cilantro.
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, seasoned and vacuum sealed
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lime
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
1) Place 1 1/2 lbs vacuum sealed chicken breasts in a Suvie pan. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie and cover with water. Place sliced peppers and onions in another Suvie pan and place in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 155°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Steam for 20 minutes
2) After the cook, remove pans from Suvie. Drain any water from the vegetables and then toss with 1 tbsp vegetable oil, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp ground black pepper. Remove chicken from pan and slice into bite size pieces. In a clean dry Suvie pan, toss chicken with 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, juice of 1 lime, and 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Return both pans to Suvie. Broil the peppers and onions for 15 minutes and the chicken for 7 minutes, stirring halfway through.
3) After the broil, remove both pans from Suvie. Divide tortillas between plates and top with chicken, peppers, and onions. Garnish with more lime juice and finish with toppings of your choice.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 670, Total Fat 29g, Total Carbohydrates 55g, Total Sodium 840mg, Total Protein 48g