This bright and herbaceous stew is loaded with fresh flavor. By adding the cilantro and lime juice after cooking, the stew maintains its tangy and vibrant flavors, which would otherwise be muted if added to at the start of cooking. Serve this stew with an array of toppings such as sliced radishes, sour cream, tortilla chips, or sliced avocado.
Cilantro Chicken Stew with Hominy
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 oz) can hominy, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups salsa verde or tomatillo sauce
- ½ jalapeño, stemmed and seeded
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 large radish, thinly sliced
1) Season 2 chicken breasts all over with salt and pepper. Place chicken in a Suvie pan and pour the tomatillo sauce over the chicken to coat, place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie.
2) Place hominy in a second Suvie pan. Place pan in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook on Low for 1 hour
3) After cooking, transfer chicken to a bowl and shred with forks or your hands once cool enough to handle.
4) Transfer tomatillo mixture to a blender with 1 bunch cilantro and ½ small jalapeno and 2 tsp fresh lime juice. Puree until smooth, about 1 minute.
5) Add chicken and tomatillo sauce to the pan with hominy and if needed, broil for 10 minutes to reheat. Serve with radishes, chips, and extra cilantro.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 530, Total Fat 9g, Total Carbohydrates 44g, Total Sodium 1550mg, Total Protein 64g.