Steak and potatoes are a classic pairing. Savory, rich beef is the ideal complement for tender and fluffy potatoes. In this recipe we cook the steak and potatoes in the Suvie and then finish them both on the stovetop for additional browning. We drizzle the steak and potatoes with a simple garlic herb butter for additional richness and flavor. Substitute parsley, basil, tarragon, or rosemary for the thyme if desired.
Classic Steak and Potatoes
- 2 (5 oz) steaks, vacuum sealed
- 12 oz fingerling or baby potatoes
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme
1) Place steaks in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Place potatoes in a starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 130°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 30 minutes
2) While the steaks cook, stir butter, garlic, and thyme together in a small bowl.
3) After the cook, remove pans from Suvie. Remove steak from packaging and pat dry thoroughly.
Cut potatoes in half. Heat vegetable oil in a large cast iron or heavy bottomed skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add the steaks and sear for 1 to 2 minutes per side until browned. Transfer to a cutting board.
4) Reduce heat to medium and transfer potatoes to empty skillet cut-side down. Cook without moving for 4-5 minutes, or until browned. Remove skillet from heat and stir in half the reserved garlic butter, stirring to coat.
Divide steaks and potatoes between two plates, topping steaks with remaining garlic butter.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 540, Total Fat 28g, Total Carbohydrates 31g, Total Sodium 580mg, Total Protein 36g