This recipe utilizes some of our favorite pantry staples to cut down on prep time while maximizing flavor. Roasted red bell peppers are smoky, tangy, and soft, ideal for incorporating into our rich cream sauce. We flavor the sauce with Old Bay Seasoning, which pairs well with any seafood, especially salmon. Don’t be alarmed that there isn’t a setting for the vegetables; this is intentional. The residual heat used to cook the fish will warm the red pepper sauce.
Creamy Red Pepper Salmon
- 2 skinless salmon filets (about 9 oz total), vacuum sealed
- 4 oz pasta
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup finely chopped roasted red peppers
- ½ tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 2 cup chopped spinach
1) Place salmon in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Place pasta in a starch pan and insert into your Suvie.
2) In a second Suvie pan, stir together sour cream, roasted red peppers, Old Bay seasoning, and spinach. Insert pan into the top left zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 125°F for 45 minutes
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 12 minutes
3) After the cook, remove pans from Suvie. Add pasta to pan with red pepper mixture, stirring to incorporate. Season to taste with salt and pepper and divide between plates. Remove salmon from packaging and pat dry. Flake salmon over the top of pasta and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 490, Total Fat 17g, Total Carbohydrates 48g, Total Sodium 540mg, Total Protein 34g.