Whether you like your smoked salmon on toast or on a bagel, we think it’s the perfect breakfast treat. In this delicious and hearty toast recipe we top thick slices of sourdough with spinach, smoked salmon, and eggs for an array of textures and flavors. Adding creme fraiche or sour cream to the eggs makes them rich and custardy, and sous viding ensures they are never tough or overcooked. Assemble and schedule this meal in the evening and have a delicious breakfast waiting for you in the morning.
Egg and Salmon Toasts
- 4 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 8 oz smoked salmon
- 4 pieces hearty sourdough bread
- 2 tbsp fresh dill fronds
1) Stir 4 cups spinach, olive oil, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper together in a Suvie pan. Insert into the top zone of your Suvie.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together 6 eggs, 1/4 cup creme fraiche, and ½ tsp salt until smooth.
3) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray and pour egg mixture into the pan. Insert pan into the bottom zone of your Suvie. Input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 170°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: Steam for 12 minutes
4) After the cook, remove all pans from your Suvie. Toast bread under broiler in Suvie or in a toaster. Divide toast between plates. Season spinach to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange spinach on top of bread followed by salmon. Top salmon with eggs and garnish with dill fronds.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 480, Total Fat 16g, Total Carbohydrates 52g, Total Sodium 1090mg, Total Protein 31g