These steak tacos are a step above the rest thanks to a two-step cooking process. First, the steaks are sous vide to ensure a perfect temperature throughout. Then, the steaks are rubbed with a combination of cumin and chili powder, and seared until well browned and fragrant. The spices develop a crust on the exterior of the meat, giving the steak more texture. A simple lime crema, some chopped onion, and a little cilantro are all you need to finish off your street-style tacos.
Family Friendly: Steak Tacos
- 2 (5 oz) sirloin steaks, vacuum sealed
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp chopped white onion
1) Place steaks in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Wrap tortillas in foil and insert into the bottom left zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 130°F for 1 hour
Vegetables: 0 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
2) While the steaks cook, zest lime into a small bowl, cut in half, and then squeeze half the lime over the zest. Stir in sour cream and then transfer bowl to refrigerator.
3) After the steaks have finished cooking, remove from packaging and pat dry thoroughly. Season steaks with kosher salt, ground black pepper, chili powder, and cumin.
4) Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add steaks in an even layer, pressing gently to adhere to the pan. Sear for 1-2 minutes per side until browned. Remove from skillet and transfer to a cutting board.
5) Cut steak into bite-size pieces. Remove tortillas from Suvie and fill with steak. Drizzle with sour cream mixture, top with cilantro and white onion, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 470, Total Fat 22g, Total Carbohydrates 31g, Total Sodium 990mg, Total Protein 36g