This quick and classic steak and potato dinner gets elevated with a rich and herbaceous garlic herb butter. Soft butter, a pile of fresh herbs, and a couple cloves of garlic are all you need to make this decadent compound butter. We initially created the garlic herb butter to pair with the steak, but we also loved it on our side of potatoes. We only broiled for ten minutes, but If you want extra crisp potatoes, broil them twice for a total of twenty minutes.
Garlic Butter Steak with Crispy Potatoes
- 4 (5 oz) steaks, vacuum-sealed
- 1 lb spring, baby, or fingerling potatoes
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup minced mixed fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary, parsley, or basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
1) If steak is not already sealed, pat dry, season with salt and pepper, and vacuum seal. Place steak in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the bottom zone of your Suvie.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 130°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: None
2) Place 1 lb baby potatoes in a Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Place pot inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Potatoes, Whole, 40 minutes
3) While the steaks cook, stir together 4 tbsp softened butter, 1/4 cup herbs, 2 garlic cloves, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper and set aside.
4) Once the steak has finished cooking, remove pans from your Suvie. Pour off water from the steak pan, transfer steaks to a cutting board, and thoroughly pat dry.
5) Cut potatoes in half, transfer to a large bowl, and toss together with 1 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper. Arrange potatoes cut-side up in a clean dry Suvie pan. Place in the bottom zone of Suvie, and broil for 10-15 minutes or until browned.
6) Heat a large, heavy skillet over high heat for 5 minutes. Add 1 tsp vegetable oil and once it begins to smoke, add the steaks. Cook, turning the steaks every 30 seconds, until well browned, about 1-2 minutes total.
7) Divide steaks between plates and top immediately with reserved garlic herb butter. Divide potatoes between plates and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 367, Total Fat 25g, Total Carbohydrates 21g, Total Sodium 650mg, Total Protein 16g.