For a fast and flavorful dinner try this recipe with Suvie’s own Sweet Italian Sausages. Hearty greens are steamed until tender and mixed with pasta, olive oil, garlic, and savory sausages. We used lacinato kale, but use any mix of greens you prefer. Dandelion greens will bring some welcome bitterness, chard earthiness, and collards add a cabbagey vibe. No matter which greens you choose, we think this meal is delicious
Garlicky Greens with Sausage and Pasta
- 2 vacuum sealed sausages
- 4 oz gemelli pasta or
- 4 cups hearty greens, such as chard, kale, or dandelion greens, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
1) Place sausage in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie.
2) Place pasta in a starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Place leafy greens and garlic in a Suvie pan and insert into the top left zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 160°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 16 minutes
Starch: 15 minutes
3) After the cook, remove all pans from your Suvie. Transfer pasta and greens to a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil over the pasta, stirring to incorporate. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4) Remove sausage from packaging and cut into ½-inch rounds. Add sausage to the pasta, stirring to incorporate. Divide between bowls and serve.
To make this meal on the stovetop, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 6-7 minutes. Heat 1 tsp vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until shimmering, add the Italian sausages and cook for 3 minutes per side until browned and cooked through; set sausage aside. Add the greens and garlic to the pan, and cook for 5 minutes until wilted and tender. Cut sausage into rounds and toss together in a large bowl with the pasta, greens, garlic, and olive oil. Season to taste and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 560, Total Fat 26g, Total Carbohydrates 55g, Total Sodium 1180mg, Total Protein 27g