These green chile chicken enchiladas are a breeze to make thanks to supermarket rotisserie chicken (you can also use any leftover chicken you have at home). A simple combination of salsa verde, sour cream, and shredded mexican cheese stirred into the chicken hits all the tangy, creamy, and savory notes that we love about enchiladas verdes. We like the flavor and texture of corn tortillas, but flour can be substituted if you prefer. Don’t worry if they crack while you roll them up, as they will be topped with sauce and cheese before broiling.
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup salsa verde, divided
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese, divided
- 6 corn tortillas, warmed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, quartered
1) In a large bowl, stir together chicken, 1/4 cup salsa verde, 1/4 cup sour cream, and 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese.
2) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray. Divide chicken mixture between tortillas, roll up, and place in prepared pan. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 1 hour
3) After the cook, top enchiladas with remaining salsa verde and cheese. Broil for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from Suvie, divide between plates, and top with cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 1 hour.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 650, Total Fat 31g, Total Carbohydrates 41g, Total Sodium 1480mg, Total Protein 55g.