Halvah is a textural delight. Soft to the touch, halvah is crispy and layered on the tongue with a sweet and nutty flavor. Made with sesame seeds and sugar, halvah makes the perfect topping for rich chocolate brownies. The brownies are loaded with chocolatey flavor thanks to a combination of chopped chocolate and cocoa powder. A touch of espresso powder amplifies the flavor of these decadently delicious bars.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 4 oz high-quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 cup halvah, crumbled
1) Spray a suvie pan with cooking spray and line with parchment. In a medium saucepan, melt 2 sticks unsalted butter over medium-low heat (if desired, brown butter for even more flavor). Remove from heat and whisk in 4 oz finely chopped dark chocolate and 1 tsp instant espresso powder.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup granulated sugar, 3 tbsp light brown sugar, ¾ tsp kosher salt, 2 large eggs, 2 large egg yolks, and 2 tsp vanilla extract until smooth. Slowly whisk in melted butter mixture until well combined.
3) Sift ⅔ cup all purpose flour and ¾ cup Dutch-process cocoa powder into the chocolate mixture. Stir with a spatula until combined. Pour batter into a Suvie pan and sprinkle halvah over the top. Cover pan with foil and insert into top of your Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 400°F for 60 minutes
Top Zone: None
4) When there are 20 minutes left on the cook, remove foil from brownies, return to Suvie, and continue to bake.
5) After the cook, remove pan from Suvie and allow brownies to cool completely; the brownies will appear cakey and puffed immediately out of Suvie, but will become dense and fudgy once cooled. Remove brownies from pan with parchment sling, cut into pieces, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (12 servings per recipe): Calories 300, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 42g, Total Sodium 170mg, Total Protein 4g.