This easy-breezy meal requires only 8 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time, but is packed with so much flavor that it’s hard to believe how easy it is to make. Store bought hoisin sauce delivers sweet, savory, and umami richness to slow cooked chicken thighs. A bright and punchy sesame slaw adds cooling balance to the rich chicken and fluffy rice. You can easily double this recipe to feed 8 people.
Hoisin Chicken with Cabbage Slaw
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 4 thighs total
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 (12 oz) bag cabbage slaw
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
1) Season 1 lb chicken thighs with ½ tsp kosher salt and ½ tsp ground black pepper. In a Suvie pan, stir together chicken and ½ cup hoisin sauce. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 3 hours
2) Place 1 cup jasmine rice in the Suvie rice pot (black handles) and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Long Grain Rice, 1 cup
3) While the rice and chicken cook, prepare the slaw. In a large bowl, whisk together 1 tsp toasted sesame oil, 2 tbsp mayonnaise, and 1 tsp fresh lime juice until combined. Add the cabbage slaw mix and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside in the fridge until ready to serve.
4) After the cook, fluff the rice and divide between plates. Broil chicken for 6-8 minutes, or until fragrant and browned. Divide chicken and cabbage slaw between plates with the rice and garnish with sesame seeds just before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 520, Total Fat 21g, Total Carbohydrates 74g, Total Sodium 990mg, Total Protein 23g.