Rich and juicy pork chops are sous vide and then seared to perfection and slathered in tangy hoisin sauce. The chops are served atop a bed of flavorful sesame rice studded with shredded carrots and sliced scallions.
Hoisin Pork Chops with Sesame Rice
- 2 (6-8 oz) pork chops
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 large carrot
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
1) Season pork chops liberally with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Vacuum seal chops and place inside a Suvie pan. Fill the pan completely with water and place inside the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 135°F for 2 hours
Top Zone: None
2) Place 1 cup jasmine rice in the Suvie rice pot (black handles) and cover with lid. Place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Long Grain, 1 Cup
3) Grate the carrot on the large holes of a box grater. After the rice has finished cooking, fluff with a fork and stir in 1 tbsp sesame oil, grated carrot, 2 sliced scallions, and 1 tbsp sesame seeds.
4) After the pork has finished sous viding, remove from packaging and pat dry thoroughly. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large heavy-bottom skillet. Once smoking, add the pork chops and sear on each side for 60 seconds or until browned. Turn heat to low and add the hoisin sauce, turning to coat each chop.
5) Divide rice and chops between plates, sprinkle with extra sesame seeds and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 870, Total Fat 25g, Total Carbohydrates 145g, Total Sodium 1400mg, Total Protein 46g.