We’ve written this recipe to be made in the Suvie Starch Cooker. It can be scheduled ahead the night before and ready to eat in the morning. The blend of mango, coconut, and lime lend a tropical twist to this cozy breakfast staple. We like to top with a drizzle of coconut milk, but feel free to substitute with the toppings of your choice.
How to Make Oatmeal in Suvie Starch Cooker: Mango Coconut Lime Oatmeal
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 ½ cups chopped mango, fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp fresh lime zest, plus 2 tsp fresh lime juice, from 1 lime
- ½ cup coconut milk, warmed
1) In a Suvie rice pot, combine 2 cups old fashioned oats, 2 tbsp brown sugar, and a pinch of kosher salt. Select “Cook” on the display screen, select “Oatmeal”, and then choose “Old Fashioned Oats” and select “2 cups”. Schedule or cook now.
2) While the oatmeal cooks, stir together 1 ½ cups chopped mango, 1 tsp fresh lime zest, and 2 tsp fresh lime juice. Set aside.
3) After the oatmeal is done cooking, divide oats between bowls and top with mango mixture. Drizzle with warm coconut milk and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 240, Total Fat 7g, Total Carbohydrates 43g, Total Sodium 10mg, Total Protein 6g.