There’s no need to reinvent a classic when it works, but a little tweaking to spice things up never hurt! We’ve done just that and added kimchi to one of our favorite on-the-go breakfast recipes, the Cheesy Egg Bites. This fermented staple of Korean cuisine adds a zesty tanginess to the creamy and cheesy sous vide eggs thanks to ingredients like garlic, ginger, and gochugaru. Kimchi can range from incredibly spicy to mild, so when buying some for use at home, make sure to find one with a heat level that works for you.
Kimchi Egg Bites
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup roughly chopped kimchi
- ¼ cup roughly chopped green onion
1) In a large bowl, whisk together the baking powder, flour, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp ground black pepper, eggs, and sour cream until smooth. Stir in the shredded cheese, and kimchi.
2) Spray Suvie egg tray lightly with cooking spray and pour in the egg mixture. Insert egg tray into a Suvie pan, and fill with water. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 175°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 175°F for 1 hour
3) Remove tray from Suvie, let cool 5 minutes before inverting egg tray and removing egg bites. Garnish with green onions and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top right zone of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Protein to 175°F for 1 hour.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 145, Total Fat 10.3g, Total Carbohydrates 3.5g, Total Sodium 303.2mg, Total Protein 9.1g