There’s no need to reinvent a classic when it works, but a little tweaking to spice things up never hurt! We’ve done just that and added kimchi to one of our favorite on-the-go breakfast recipes, the Cheesy Egg Bites. This fermented staple of Korean cuisine adds a zesty tanginess to the creamy and cheesy sous vide eggs thanks to ingredients like garlic, ginger, and gochugaru. Kimchi can range from incredibly spicy to mild, so when buying some for use at home, make sure to find one with a heat level that works for you.
Kimchi Egg Bites
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup roughly chopped kimchi
- ¼ cup roughly chopped green onion
1) In a large bowl, whisk together the baking powder, flour, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp ground black pepper, eggs, and sour cream until smooth. Stir in the shredded cheese, and kimchi.
2) Spray Suvie egg tray lightly with cooking spray and pour in the egg mixture. Insert egg tray into a Suvie pan, fill with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 175°F, 1 hour
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
3) Remove tray from Suvie, let cool 5 minutes before inverting egg tray and removing egg bites. Garnish with green onions and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 145, Total Fat 10.3g, Total Carbohydrates 3.5g, Total Sodium 303.2mg, Total Protein 9.1g