We are such big fans of the lamb burger at Hart’s in Brooklyn that we had to try our hand at recreating this famous dish in our Suvie. To spread the wealth, we decided to transform the original burger into meatballs and serve them on top of the slaw that’s typically served inside the burger. Looking to feed more than four? This recipe can easily be doubled; simply split the meatballs between two Suvie pans. For a true Hart’s experience you can serve these as sliders with an anchovy.
Lamb Meatballs with Fennel Slaw
- 1 lb ground lamb
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp minced fresh mint or 1 tsp dried
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp capers, rinsed and minced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced, plus fronds reserved for garnish
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced on the bias
1) In a large bowl, mix together 1 lb ground lamb, ½ tsp ground coriander, ½ tsp ground cumin, 1 tbsp mint, 2 minced garlic cloves, 2 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp capers, 1 tsp kosher salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper. Roll mixture into 15 balls and place in a greased Suvie pan.
2) Insert pan into the bottom of your Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 20 minutes
Top Zone: None
3) While the meatballs cook, whisk together ¼ cup mayonnaise, 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, and 1/4 tsp kosher salt until smooth.
4) Once the meatballs are done cooking, remove pan from Suvie. Add sliced fennel and celery to bowl with the mayonnaise mixture and toss to coat. Divide meatballs and slaw between plates and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 460, Total Fat 39g, Total Carbohydrates 7g, Total Sodium 510mg, Total Protein 20g.