Tender orzo and succulent shrimp meet in a buttery lemon-herb sauce in this easy weeknight meal. Rich butter, herbaceous thyme, and sunny lemon make a delicious and well balanced sauce for seafood and pasta. We cook the sauce, shrimp, and orzo separately before combining them just before serving. If you’d like to add some vegetables to this dish, a handful of fresh spinach leaves can be added to the bowl in Step 3. The residual heat from the other ingredients will soften the leaves to the perfect consistency.
Lemon Herb Shrimp with Orzo
- 8 oz peeled, deveined shrimp, vacuum sealed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme leaves
- 4 oz orzo
- 1 lemon, scrubbed
1) Place vacuum-sealed shrimp in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the bottom zone of Suvie. Place butter and thyme in a second Suvie pan. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 130°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 130°F for 1 hour
2) Place orzo in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 1 cup, 10 minutes
3) After the cook, transfer orzo to a large bowl. Zest lemon and then cut in half. Stir lemon zest and juice from one lemon half into the orzo.
4) Remove shrimp from packaging and pat dry. Add shrimp and thyme butter to the bowl with the orzo. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide between two plates and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 430, Total Fat 15g, Total Carbohydrates 43g, Total Sodium 170mg, Total Protein 35g