Tender orzo and succulent shrimp meet in a buttery lemon-herb sauce in this easy weeknight meal. Rich butter, herbaceous thyme, and sunny lemon make a delicious and well balanced sauce for seafood and pasta. We cook the sauce, shrimp, and orzo separately before combining them just before serving. If you’d like to add some vegetables to this dish, a handful of fresh spinach leaves can be added to the bowl in Step 3. The residual heat from the other ingredients will soften the leaves to the perfect consistency.
Lemon Herb Shrimp with Orzo
- 8 oz peeled, deveined shrimp, vacuum sealed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme leaves
- 4 oz orzo
- 1 lemon, scrubbed
1) Place shrimp in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into tbe top right zone of your Suvie. Place butter and thyme in a second Suvie pan. Place orzo in a starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 130°F for 1 hour, 30 minutes
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 13 minutes
2) After the cook, transfer orzo to a large bowl. Zest lemon and then cut in half. Stir lemon zest and juice from one lemon half into the orzo.
3) Remove shrimp from packaging and pat dry. Add shrimp and thyme butter to the bowl with the orzo. Divide between two plates and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 430, Total Fat 15g, Total Carbohydrates 43g, Total Sodium 170mg, Total Protein 35g