This dead simple egg bite recipe allows you to customize your egg bites to your heart’s content. The key is to not go overboard with ingredients to avoid overfilling. Sausage, bacon, scallions, chives, or roasted vegetables would all make great fillings. Mix and match as you see fit.
Make It Your Way Egg Bites
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup cottage cheese, full fat
- ⅓ cup shredded cheese
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup cooked crumbled sausage, finely chopped vegetables, crumbled bacon, or filling of choice
1) In a blender or food processor, combine 3 large eggs, ⅓ cup cottage cheese, ⅓ cup shredded cheese, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper. Blend on high for 1 minute, or until combined.
2) Meanwhile, spray a Suvie egg tray with cooking spray and place inside a Suvie pan. Divide ⅓ cup filling evenly between the 4 cups. Pour egg bite mixture evenly over the filling and then tap pan on counter to release any air bubbles.
3) Fill the pan with as much water as possible and then place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 175°F for 2 hours
Top Zone: None
4) After cooking, carefully remove pan from Suvie. Pour off water and gently lift egg tray out of the pan. Invert the egg bites onto a cutting board. Serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 140, Total Fat 8g, Total Carbohydrates 1g, Total Sodium 480mg, Total Protein 12g.