Scallops are well suited to cooking sous vide. A steady and constant cooking temperature ensures that the scallops are perfectly cooked through and never overdone. The natural sweetness of the scallops makes for an ideal pairing with our savory miso dressing, which we brush on the scallops just before broiling. A fluffy side of rice and tender snow peas round out this delicious and easy meal.
Miso Scallops with Snap Peas
- 8 oz scallops
- 6 oz snow peas
- ¾ cup white rice
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds, optional
1) Pat scallops dry and vacuum seal. Place scallops in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie.
2) Place snow peas in a separate Suvie pan and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Place rice in a starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 130°F for 30 minutes
Vegetable: 10 minutes
Starch: 16 minutes
3) While the scallops cook, whisk miso paste, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and 2 tsp warm water together in a small bowl. Set aside.
4) After the scallops have finished cooking, remove from packaging and pat dry. Place scallops in a clean, dry Suvie pan and drizzle with half the reserved miso mixture.
Return pan to the top of your Suvie and broil for 10 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking.
5) Divide snow peas and rice between bowls and drizzle with remaining miso mixture. Add scallops, garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 490, Total Fat 1g, Total Carbohydrates 86g, Total Sodium 1730mg, Total Protein 24g