We combine Suvie’s own Italian-Style Meatballs with tender spinach, tubular rigatoni, rich pesto, and fresh basil in this delicious, vegetable-packed meal. Spinach works well in this dish because its flavor doesn’t overpower the pesto and its light texture ensures that it cooks quickly. If you’re short on spinach, peppery arugula would also work great in this dish.
Pesto Meatballs with Spinach
- 2 (5 oz) packages meatballs, vacuum sealed
- 4 cups spinach
- 4 oz rigatoni pasta
- ¼ cup pesto, plus extra for garnish
- ½ cup basil leaves, torn
1) Place meatballs in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Place spinach in a separate pan and place in the top left zone of your Suvie. Place rigatoni in a starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 160°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 15 minutes
Starch: 15 minutes
2) After the meatballs have finished cooking, remove all pans from your Suvie.
Transfer rigatoni and spinach to a large bowl with the pesto, stirring to coat. Season rigatoni to taste with salt and pepper.
Remove meatballs from packaging.
3) Divide rigatoni between plates, top with meatballs, and garnish with extra pesto and basil leaves.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 700, Total Fat 38g, Total Carbohydrates 55g, Total Sodium 600mg, Total Protein 31g