This quick and easy side dish is the perfect companion to your meaty roasts. Cubed butternut squash is roasted in a simple concoction of honey and butter. Sage, rosemary, thyme, and parsley make up the herb mix, with the heartier herbs roasting along with the squash, and the parsley being added right before serving for a pop of bright color. Chopped walnuts add some texture and crunch, contrasting the soft-roasted butternut squash and enhancing the earthiness. Preparing butternut squash can be a little daunting. If you want to save some time, feel free to purchase peeled and cut butternut squash.
Roast Butternut Squash with Honey Herb Butter
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp (½ stick) butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup chopped toasted walnuts
1) Place 3 cups cubed butternut squash in a Suvie pan. Drizzle the squash with 2 tbsp of honey and dot with 4 tbsp of butter. Sprinkle with 1 tsp sage, 1 tsp rosemary, 1 tsp thyme, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper, place the pan in the top zone of your Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 350°F for 30 minutes
2) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie, and transfer the roasted squash to a serving platter. Top with 1 tbsp parsley and ⅓ cup of walnuts, drizzling the dish with any pan-dripping before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 248, Total Fat 18g, Total Carbohydrates 23g, Total Sodium 378mg, Total Protein 4g.
can this side be scheduled?
This meal can be refrigerated. But in order to start the roast you will need to be present at the appliance and press the button.