This elegant meal is quick to pull together, making it perfect for weeknight dinners when you’re pressed for time, but want something sumptuous. When choosing a dry white wine we recommend sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio to keep the flavors lively and bright.
Roast Scallops with Burst Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup finely chopped shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 (2-inch) strips lemon peel
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced basil
1) Combine 2 tbsp unsalted butter, ⅓ cup chopped shallot, 2 garlic cloves, and ½ tsp salt in a Suvie pan. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie and broil for 15 minutes, or until shallot is softened.
2) Meanwhile, arrange 1 lb scallops in a Suvie pan and pat dry. Drizzle 2 tsp olive oil over the scallops and sprinkle with a large pinch of salt and ground black pepper.
3) Remove pan with shallots from Suvie. Add 2 cups cherry tomatoes, 2 strips lemon peel, and ¼ cup dry white wine to the pan, stirring to coat the tomatoes in butter. Return pan to the bottom zone of Suvie. Place scallops in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 16 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 10 minutes
4) After cooking, remove pans from Suvie. Season scallops with 1 tbsp lemon juice. Divide tomatoes and scallops between plates and garnish with basil.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 360, Total Fat 17g, Total Carbohydrates 17g, Total Sodium 1190mg, Total Protein 29g.