Take swordfish filets from frozen to fantastic in only 30 minutes. We roast the swordfish with only a little oil, salt, and pepper until perfectly cooked and flaky. We pair the meaty filets with a tangy and bright lime vinaigrette, which gets its creaminess from avocado.
Note: We developed this recipe with 1-inch thick swordfish steaks; if yours are much thinner, reduce the cook time to 15 minutes.
Roast Swordfish with Creamy Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 (8 oz) swordfish steaks, frozen
- 2 tsp olive oil, plus ½ cup olive oil, separated
- 1 small bunch of cilantro
- 1 small garlic clove
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
1) Rub swordfish all over with 2 tsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and place in a Suvie roasting rack set in a Suvie pan. Place pan in the bottom of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now. Be sure to select “Yes” when asked if cooking from frozen (we recommend rotating the pan halfway through to ensure even cooking).
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 375°F for 20 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 375°F for 0 minutes
2) While the swordfish roasts, prepare the lime vinaigrette. In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine 1 bunch cilantro, 1 small garlic clove, ⅓ cup fresh lime juice, 1 tsp sugar, ½ tsp salt, and 1 avocado. Blend on high until smooth, about 1 minute. With the motor running, drizzle in ½ cup olive oil until cohesive and creamy, about 1 minute more. Season to taste with salt.
3) After the swordfish is done cooking, remove from Suvie. Dollop 1⁄4 cup vinaigrette over the bottom of each plate and top with swordfish filets. Garnish with extra cilantro leaves and serve.
Nutritional Information per 1 swordfish filet and ¼ cup vinaigrette (2 servings per recipe): Calories 570, Total Fat 42g, Total Carbohydrates 2g, Total Sodium 480mg, Total Protein 45g.