This vibrant salsa verde adds a pop of color and a burst of flavor to sous vide salmon filets. Our green sauce consists of briney capers, verdant parsley, tangy lemon, and fiery red pepper flakes for a little bit of everything. Any extra salsa verde can be stored covered in the refrigerator for a day, but will taste best the day it is made. Serve this dish with crusty bread, couscous, or a leafy green salad for a well-rounded meal.
Salmon with Salsa Verde
- 2 (4 oz) salmon filets, vacuum sealed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 lemon
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
1) Place salmon in a Suvie pan, and cover with water. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 130°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 130°F for 1 hour
2) While the salmon cooks, make the salsa verde. Zest lemon into a medium bowl. Cut lemon in half and squeeze 2 tbsp juice over the zest. Whisk in the olive oil, parsley, capers, and crushed red pepper flakes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside until ready to serve.
3) After the cook, remove salmon from packaging and pat dry. Divide salmon between plates and spoon salsa verde over the top.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top right zone of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Protein to 130°F for 1 hour”
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 500, Total Fat 41g, Total Carbohydrates 2g, Total Sodium 190mg, Total Protein 31g