This delicious meal is quick and easy thanks to some of our favorite flavor-packed shortcuts. Vacuum-sealed Italian sausages are a great way to add flavor to your meal with minimal work. Creamy vodka sauce adds an extra layer of flavor and texture than marinara alone. Both products can be purchased directly from Suvie, saving you time at the store. We love the twisted shape of the campanelle, but any extruded pasta will do. To finish the dish, broiled garlic asparagus adds a fresh, crispness to balance out the tender pasta and savory sausage.
Sausage with Asparagus and Pasta
- 2 Italian sausages, vacuum sealed
- 8 oz asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 oz campanelle pasta
- 1 cup vodka sauce, warmed
1) Place sausages in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Place pasta in a starch pan and insert into the bottom right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 160°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 15 minutes
2) After the cook, toss asparagus, olive oil, and ½ tsp kosher salt together in a Suvie pan and insert into the top left zone of your Suvie. Remove sausage from packaging, pat dry, and transfer to a clean, dry Suvie pan. Return pan to the top right zone of your Suvie.
3) Broil asparagus and sausage for 10 minutes, rotating pans halfway through cooking.
4) Divide pasta, asparagus, and sausage between plates. Top pasta with vodka sauce and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 550, Total Fat 29g, Total Carbohydrates 52g, Total Sodium 1050mg, Total Protein 22g