My Cook: Shrimp and Grits with Andouille Sausage
- 6 strips bacon
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ½ lb pre-cooked andouille sausage, about 3 links
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ⅔ cup stone-ground corn grits
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
1) Finely chop bacon and divide between 2 Suvie pans. Insert pans into Suvie and broil bacon for 20 minutes, or until crisp and rendered, stirring scallions and garlic into the bacon halfway through cooking.
2) While the vegetables broil, cut the andouille sausage into ½-inch thick rounds. Once the bacon and vegetables have finished broiling, evenly divide andouille sausage and shrimp between both pans, stirring to combine. Return pans to Suvie and input settings below.
3) Place 2/3 cup stone ground grits in a Suvie rice pot and place in the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Select “Polenta” from the display screen, input the amount of grits, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook on Low, 30 minutes
Top Zone: Slow Cook on Low, 30 minutes
4) Once the shrimp and grits have finished cooking, transfer the grits to a medium bowl and whisk in 3 tbsp butter and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5) Divide grits between bowls and top with the shrimp and sausage mixture. Sprinkle lemon juice and parsley over each serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 623, Total Fat 38g, Total Carbohydrates 25g, Total Sodium 1667mg, Total Protein 35g