My Cook: Shrimp and Grits with Andouille Sausage
- 6 strips bacon
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ½ lb pre-cooked andouille sausage, about 3 links
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ⅔ cup stone-ground corn grits
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
Finely chop bacon and then divide between 2 Suvie pans. Broil bacon for 10 minutes, or until crisp and rendered, stirring once halfway through cooking. Evenly divide scallions and garlic between both pans, stirring to incorporate. Broil 10 minutes more, stirring halfway through cooking. (Alternatively, you can saute the bacon and scallions in a skillet.)
While the vegetables broil, cut the andouille sausage into ½-inch thick rounds. Once the bacon and vegetables have finished broiling, evenly divide the andouille sausage and shrimp between both pans, stirring to combine.
Fill starch pan with grits and 1 tsp salt. Place pans in your Suvie and input settings.
My Cook > Slow Cook and Starch
Low, 30 minutes
Starch: 20 Minutes
Once the shrimp and grits have finished cooking, transfer the grits to a medium bowl and whisk in the butter and cheddar cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide grits between bowls and top with the shrimp and sausage mixture. Sprinkle lemon juice and parsley over each serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 623, Total Fat 38g, Total Carbohydrates 25g, Total Sodium 1667mg, Total Protein 35g