A taste of the shore is made easy with this shrimp bake recipe. Every coastal town has their own adaptation of the ‘bake’, a tasty combination of seafood, seasonings, vegetables (usually potatoes and corn), and, occasionally, sausage. Our Suvie version pulls a little inspiration from several beachy locales and their unique, regional recipes. Shrimp, red baby potatoes, cob corn, and zesty andouille sausage are steam-baked in a lime-lager beer butter and generously seasoned with Old Bay seasoning .
Recipe Name: Shrimp Bake with Lager-Lime Butter
- 1 lb large shrimp
- ½ lb red baby potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 ears corn, shucked and cut into thirds
- 2 links (8 oz) andouille sausage, sliced
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 2 limes, cut in half or into wedges
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 bottle (12 oz) Mexican lager-style beer
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
1) Place 1 lb shrimp, ½ lb potato wedges, 6 corn pieces, 8 oz sliced sausage, ½ cup onion,1 juiced lime,1 tbsp Old Bay, 4 tbsp melted butter, and 12 oz of lager in a large bowl, and toss to coat.
2) Place Suvie roasting racks into 2 Suvie pans. Divide shrimp, sausage, vegetables, and liquid between the two pans, spreading the ingredients out in an even layer. Insert the pans into your Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 325°F for 35 minutes
Top Zone: Bake at 325°F for 35 minutes
4) After the cook, remove all the pans from your Suvie. Divide the shrimp bake between 4 plates and drizzle with a little of the pan liquid (or serve pan liquid on the side for dipping). Alternatively, you can serve the shrimp bake on newspaper or paper bags. Garnish with parsley and limes before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 561, Total Fat 17g, Total Carbohydrates 61g, Total Sodium 979mg, Total Protein 38g.