This simple, summery dish is bright, fresh, and easy to prepare. The shrimp are first sous vide to ensure even cooking and then chopped and tossed with a vibrant mixture of lemon juice, chives, mayonnaise, and crunchy celery. We stuff the shrimp mixture into potato buns, which are fluffy, soft, and slightly sweet, but classic hotdog buns also work well.
- 8 oz peeled, deveined shrimp, vacuum sealed
- 2 hotdog potato buns
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1) Place shrimp in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 130°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
2) While the shrimp cooks, stir mayonnaise, celery, chives, lemon juice, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper together in a medium bowl; transfer to refrigerator.
3) After the cook, remove shrimp from packaging and pat dry. Transfer shrimp to a cutting board and roughly chop. Stir shrimp into mayonnaise mixture until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4) Toast hot dog buns, if desired. Divide shrimp mixture between both buns and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 340, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 24g, Total Sodium780 mg, Total Protein 33g