This breakfast bake highlights the tangy and toothsome taste of sourdough bread. Baguettes have a high proportion of crust which soaks up lots of moisture without becoming soggy. The tangy earthiness of gruyere amps up the flavor of the bread; for a more mellow flavor go with fontina. An ample amount of breakfast sausage and a touch of maple syrup play up the breakfast vibes.
Note: If you would like, add 1-2 tsps homemade Breakfast Sausage Seasoning to add even more flavor to this delicious meal.
Sourdough Baguette Breakfast Strata
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, optional
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (7 oz) sourdough baguette, cubed, about 2 cups
- 1 cup shredded fontina or gruyere, divided
- ½ cup chopped breakfast sausage
1) In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, maple syrup (if using), milk, eggs, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper until smooth.
2) Add baguette cubes, half the cheese, and breakfast sausage. Transfer to a greased Suvie pan. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 2 hours
3) After the cook, top with remaining cheese and broil for 6-8 minutes or until browned and bubbling. Cut into 4 pieces and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on Low for 2 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 480, Total Fat 29g, Total Carbohydrates 30g, Total Sodium 1060mg, Total Protein 24g.