Sous vide strawberries are a delicious way to enjoy a fruit that is already near perfect. This recipe gilds the lily, but we think it’s worth the effort. Suvie’s low slow cook setting is 185°F, making it the ideal temperature for fibrous fruits such as strawberries. Don’t be confused by the settings, as this recipe is a bit of a hack; we sous vide the strawberries, but set the Suvie to slow cook. At 185°F, the strawberries slowly cook in their own juices, producing a sweet, ruby-red juice that’s perfect spooned over yogurt. Depending on the sweetness of your berries or if you prefer unsweetened yogurt, you may want to add a touch of granulated sugar.
Sous Vide Strawberries with Greek Yogurt
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and halved
- 4 cups greek yogurt, any percentage
- ½ cup granola
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar, optional
1) Combine strawberries and sugar (if using) in a vacuum bag. Seal strawberries and place in a Suvie pan. Cover strawberries with water and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie.Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
Low, 30 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
2) After the cook, divide greek yogurt between bowls and top with strawberries, spooning strawberry juice over each serving. Top each bowl with granola and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 330, Total Fat 11g, Total Carbohydrates 37g, Total Sodium 105mg, Total Protein 24g