Chorizo is ideal for using in recipes with few other ingredients because it is packed with so many spices that it infuses the entire dish with flavor. In this recipe, dry, Spanish-style chorizo flavors Ro-Tel, another ingredient powerhouse consisting of canned tomatoes, chiles, and spices. Together, chorizo and Ro-Tel need little else than some fluffy white rice and spicy pickled jalapenos to make a delicious dinner.
Note: If you would like to schedule this cook, but do not want to wait for the broiler to cool before refrigerating, saute the chorizo in a medium skillet over high heat until crisp and rendered, about 5 minutes.
Spicy Chorizo with Rice
- 8 oz Spanish-style chorizo, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 (10 oz) can of Ro-Tel
- ½ cup white rice
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos, finely chopped
1) Place chorizo in a Suvie pan, insert into the top of your Suvie and broil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from your Suvie and stir in the Ro-Tel.
2) Place rice in a starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
Low, 1 hour
Starch: 16 minutes
3) Remove pans from your Suvie. Fluff rice with a fork and divide between plates. Top rice with chorizo mixture, garnish with pickled jalapenos, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 540, Total Fat 30g, Total Carbohydrates 40g, Total Sodium 2080mg, Total Protein 24g