Chorizo is ideal for using in recipes with few other ingredients because it is packed with so many spices that it infuses the entire dish with flavor. In this recipe, dry, Spanish-style chorizo flavors Ro-Tel, another ingredient powerhouse consisting of canned tomatoes, chiles, and spices. Together, chorizo and Ro-Tel need little else than some fluffy white rice and spicy pickled jalapenos to make a delicious dinner. Read more about chorizo here.
Spicy Chorizo with Rice
- 8 oz Spanish-style chorizo, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 (10 oz) can of Ro-Tel
- 1 cup white rice
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos, finely chopped
1) Place 8 oz chorizo in a Suvie pan, insert into the bottom of your Suvie and broil for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from your Suvie and stir in 1 can Ro-Tel.
2) Return pan to bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook on Low, 1 hour
3) Place 1 cup jasmine rice in the Suvie rice pot (black handles) and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Medium Grain, 1 cup
4) Remove pans from your Suvie. Fluff rice with a fork and divide between plates. Top rice with chorizo mixture, garnish with 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 540, Total Fat 30g, Total Carbohydrates 40g, Total Sodium 2080mg, Total Protein 24g