This recipe is a great way to make delicious shrimp quickly. Suvie’s wild caught blue shrimp are completely unseasoned and chemical-free; they cook up plump, sweet, and delicious every time. The key to this recipe is to cook the shrimp over high heat quickly so that you get some exterior browning without overcooking the delicate shrimp. Use this recipe as a building block for your next meal and serve the shrimp with white rice or crusty bread and a simple side salad.
Spicy Skillet Shrimp
- 8 oz peeled, deveined shrimp
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1) Pat shrimp dry and transfer to a large bowl.
Sprinkle chili powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, sugar, and ¼ tsp table salt onto shrimp and toss to fully coat.
2) Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat until shimmering. Add the shrimp in a single layer and cook without moving for 1 minute until edges turn pink. Flip shrimp over and cook on the other side for 1 minute more. Remove pan from heat, cover, and let sit for 30 seconds until fully pink and cooked through. Transfer to a serving platter.
3) Season shrimp with lemon juice, divide between plates, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 180 , Total Fat 9g, Total Carbohydrates 1g, Total Sodium 460mg, Total Protein 28g